Friday, March 26, 2004

The Asperger/Nano Connection


Howard,

Congratulations on the new baby. I've been meaning to write for some time and tell you how much I enjoy your blog and Small Times.

I've followed the nanotech world since I read a paper many years ago by some fellow named Drexler. Your writings became more personal to me recently when you talked about the MMR concerns a few months ago (I'd been following that on my own too), as my son has lived with Asperger Syndrome all his 15 years, and was diagnosed not long after that series of shots as a baby. He's blessed to be incredibly bright along with the social difficulties. He has a strong interest in applying himself to the nanotech world (I can't figure out from whom he could get such an interest :)

As a high school junior his test scores are very high and he's getting all sorts of high-quality colleges sending him letters (I know *I* never got letters from Ivy League schools).

Take care,
Billy Harvey

Billy,

Thank you very much for your kind note. Sounds like you have a great kid! I'm proud of mine, as well. She's a bit awkward, socially, but always amazes me in how brilliant she is in other areas.

Good luck with everything.

Howard

Related Posts
Nano goes Commando
MMR/autism link loosens
Somewhere between scientist and consumer, the message is lost

Discuss


No comments: