Monday, June 28, 2004

Prizes, Prizes, Prizes


Howard,

First off, congratulations on the birth of your son, Maxwell. I enjoyed seeing his development on your blog. I look forward to regular updates on your self-replication.

I am working with Mark Brandt of the Maple Fund in Cleveland in promoting NANO Week in October. As part of NANO Week we're going to be hosting what we believe is the first nanotechnology business idea competition. There's more than $75,000 in prize money at stake.

I know that a Blog like yours could really help us spread the word to researchers. We want to get the word to as many researchers as possible that we are now accepting submissions for the competition. The deadline is Sept. 1, so we want to get the word out over the next few months.

We think this competition is a great way to encourage researchers who haven't yet had a chance to put together a business plan, to get some financial support for their most promising ideas.

Full rules and details are available at: http://www.nano-network.org/competition/Rules

Many thanks and good luck managing job, blog and family.

Best wishes,
Chris Thompson

Thank you, Chris,

It's unbelievable to me what a good baby I have. Not too fussy. I guess that will happen when he gets older like his dad.

Howard

No comments: