Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Zeno, nano and quantum cwaziness


Howard,

First let me say that I am an avid follower of Kabbalah for about 10 yrs now, I am also involved in research and investment in nanotech, I for one appreciate the direction you took with that article. Religion and science are often referred to as opposite sides of a coin, but as we move along into the quantum realm, we will discover they are more like two sides of triangle, the further we move along, the closer we get to a common point.

That being said, you know as well as I do, that as passionate as we may be about the simplicity of it all, it is near to impossible for the average reader who has no Kabbalah experience to get a grasp of what you were trying to put across. I do however applaud your attempt.

I must confess something to you: Ein Sof has always been a tough concept for me, I have pondered about for hours at end but never really got a grasp, so I just filed it in the back of mind in the ‘check back later’ folder. While reading your article, you mentioned Zeno's paradox in relation to Ein Sof. I sat up in my chair, eyebrows raised, it is so simple! I have not had a spark of insight strike me like that in a long time, its all so clear now! I must thank you for that!

Regards,
(Name withheld at writer's request. He says he doesn't like "mixing religion and business." Translation: He can't be associated publicly with my kind of nano voodoo. After all, unlike me, some people care about their reputations in the eyes of the science and business community. But I digress ...)

Dear (Name withheld -- see rant above)

Wow. I must be better than I thought! I do come from a line of rabbis -- yet, I'm certainly not rabbinic material. I'm glad you got something out of my piece. This has got to be the first time anybody has told me they've found God in anything I've done!

Howard

Well, I didn’t really find God, just got infinitely closer ...

(Name Withheld, blah blah blah)

NanoBot Backgrounder
NanoKabbalah in Salon on my birthday: Coincidence?
NanoKabbalah Jihad
Nanotech arrogance will meet the Luddite hammer

No comments: