Monday, August 08, 2005

Another Lovy in the news


This has nothing to do with nano, yet it looms large in my life. My baby brother is serving in Iraq and, in Lovy family tradition, can't seem to keep himself out of the news. I love you, Mickey. Now, stop showing off and come home!

Michigan Marine continues family’s military service tradition (Marine Corp. News)

    AL ASAD, Iraq (Aug. 8, 2005) -- Ever since Cpl. Mickey Lovy’s grandfather immigrated to the United States from Hungary, military service has been a family tradition. His grandfather served in the U.S. Army during World War II and his father was a U.S. Army doctor during the Vietnam War.

    Lovy, the supply noncommissioned officer in the logistics department of Marine Wing Support Group 27, picked a different service, but he’s keeping the tradition alive.

    A graduate of Holly High School in his native Holly, Mich., Lovy joined the Corps in September 2002. “After high school I worked odd jobs until I realized I needed a change and went full blast into it,” he said. “I decided to go for the real deal and join the Marine Corps.”

    ...

    “I joined the Marine Corps to make my family proud,” he said. “I wanted my life to go in a different positive direction and I knew the Marine Corps was the most extreme change I could do for the better.”

    According to Lovy, out of his parents’ seven offspring he is the youngest and only to join the military. He said that his father, who left the Army’s 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) as a captain after serving in Vietnam, is proud of him regardless of having joined a different service. More here

Backgrounder
My Yankee Doodle Daddy
Let's trade a 'bot for a bro' on the battlefield
Operation Love My Brother

No comments: