Friday, October 29, 2004

Laurie Anderson's spirit in the sky


Seattle - Laurie Anderson - Performance and Lecture (Archinect)

    Center on Contemporary Art is very pleased to announce an artist-talk and mini-performance by internationally acclaimed performance artist, Laurie Anderson Tuesday, November 9th at 2 PM at CoCA.

    "In this new work, my ambition is to write an epic poem made of songs, images, and stories that relate in new ways; my plan is to invent a language that will explore the contemporary meanings of freedom and time."

    "Research for this piece involves a lot of travel as well as my work with NASA where, as artist-in-residence, I am looking at nanotechnology and imaging."

    "My dream is to make a work that will focus on spirituality and consumerism, a work that will attempt to be a true portrait of this country at the beginning of our century." More here

NanoBot Backgrounder
I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. Heisenberg
Turn on, tune in, tiny out
Nano's got the look

No comments: